Call To Action: Oppose Delaware’s 30% proposed tax on e-cigarettes – HB138
Oppose Delaware’s 30% proposed tax on e-cigarettes – HB138
A measure introduced in the Delaware state legislature, HB138, would impose a 30% wholesale tax on e-cigs and other smoke-free products.
Not only that, you could go to jail for possession of untaxed e-cigs if HB 138 became law.
HB 138 is scheduled for a hearing before the House Revenue & Finance Committee on Wednesday, June 5th at 3:30 pm.
Please contact your policymakers in the Delaware legislature and tell them:
- You oppose HB138
- e-cigs are different than smoking and their vapor is practically odorless
- e-cigs are a welcome alternative to cigarettes
- It’s wrong to tax e-cigs the same as traditional tobacco products
- Raising e-cig prices would discourage smokers from trying e-cigs
- How you use e-cigs and what e-cigs mean to you
The legislators hearing the bill on Wednesday can be contacted by e-mail using the addresses listed below: