Freedom Project Giveaway
Freedom Project Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION IS NECESSARY
A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
1. Eligibility: The Freedom Project Ticket Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry (“Eligible Participant”). The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. All current and former employees of LOEC, Inc., dba blu eCigs (“Sponsor”), its parent and affiliated companies, production and promotion agencies, Live Nation Worldwide, Inc.) (collectively “Released Parties”), their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their spouses) regardless of where they live and same household members (whether related or not) are not eligible. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
2. Entry Requirements: The Giveaway begins at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Savings Time (“EDST”) on October 1, 2013 and ends at 3:00 p.m. EDST on October 25, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”). Potential winners will be required to show proof of age and they will receive a letter to verify their age which they will need to respond to by the date indicated in the letter; noncompliance may result in disqualification of their Giveaway entry. Entries submitted by persons who are not “Eligible Participants” or whose eligibility Sponsor is unable to verify are void. Sponsor’s server is the official clock for this Giveaway.
3. How to Enter: The Giveaway begins on October 1, 2013 and ends on October 25, 2013. There is one (1) way to enter. Internet/Wireless Entry: Go to www.facebook.com/blucigs and follow all prompt instructions. Entrants must have a Facebook account in order to enter Giveaway. Entrants must also provide their gender, valid mail address, date of birth and the city they live in. This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. LIMIT: One (1) entry per person per week during the Promotion Period. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to submit more than one entry per week are prohibited. Entries that are incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or improperly received for any reason including by reason of hardware, software, browser or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere are not eligible. If you chose to enter the Giveaway via a smartphone, iPad®, tablet, SMS or other wireless mobile device (which is not necessary to enter the Giveaway), standard carrier-specific wireless messaging rates and all applicable taxes apply depending upon the Eligible Participant’s wireless pricing plan. Other carrier-specific rates and applicable taxes may also apply in accordance with Eligible Participant’s wireless customer agreements. Internet service providers’ and wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your service provider for more information on rate plans and other charges that may apply to your use of the service.
4. Random Drawing and Selection of Winners: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The random drawing for the Grand Prize will be conducted on or about October 25, 2013 by Sponsor whose decisions on all matters relating to this Giveaway are final and binding in all respects. Grand Prize Winner will be notified on or about October 25, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. via the email address provided by entrants during the entry process. Verification of participant’s eligibility and potential winning claim will be required before prize will be awarded. Four (4) First Prize Winners will be selected during the Promotion Period. One winner will be selected each week in a random drawings from among all eligible entries received that week. Each weekly drawing will be conducted at 3:30 p.m. every Friday during the Promotion Period. The first weekly drawing will be conducted on October 4, 2013 and the final weekly drawing will be conducted on October 25, 2013 for a total of four (4) weekly drawings. Potential First Prize Winners will be notified on or about each Friday at 4:00 p.m. during the Promotion Period via the email address provided by entrants during the entry process. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. If the prize winning notification letter or the Prize is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received.
5. Prizes and Their Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize: Grand Prize will consist of one (1) trip for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) adult guest to New York City, New York to attend The Pretty Reckless concert at Irving Plaza in New York City, NY on Saturday, November 9, 2013. Each Grand Prize trip consists of round-trip coach-class air transportation between commercial airport nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s residence and New York City, New York for two (2) persons, two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations (one standard room, double occupancy), two (2) general admission tickets to The Pretty Reckless concert, ground transfers between airport and hotel and hotel and concert location in New York City, and one (1) $500 cash spending money allowance. Tickets are subject to program availability, venue capacity and age restrictions. Winner and guest(s) must abide by all venue policies. Live Nation reserves the right to revoke full or partial prize from any winner or winner’s guest who it or venue personnel deem may, in its sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, or may bring Live Nation into disrepute. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize not to exceed: $3,500. Actual retail value of Grand Prize trip may vary based on airfare fluctuations and point of departure. The Grand Prize Winner will not be compensated for the difference between the actual retail value and the approximate retail value of the Grand Prize as stated herein. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel between November 8, 2013 and November 10, 2013, or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries provided that sufficient time remains prior to the Grand Prize Trip. Hotel and airline reservations are subject to availability, and additional restrictions may apply. Guests must be 18 years of age or older at the time of travel. Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for any and all meals and beverages in excess of allowance, ground transfers between winner’s residence and airport of departure, ground transportations in New York City, New York not stated herein, gratuities, travel upgrades, personal incidentals and any other expenses not specified as a part of the prize herein. Grand Prize Winner will be required to present a major credit card upon hotel check-in for any in-room charges. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary and will be required to provide a copy of their driver’s license or equivalent government-issued ID prior to ticketing. Grand Prize Winner and guest will be solely responsible for obtaining any travel documents required for domestic air travel and the costs associated with obtaining such documents. Travel is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the Department of Defense and/or Department of Homeland Security as required. All travel and lodging will be at the traveler’s risk. Sponsor not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from winner’s or guest’s change of travel plans. Sponsor also not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions; or any act or omissions whatsoever by air carriers or other transportation companies, or any other persons providing services and accommodations to passengers. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. Grand Prize Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. The Internal Revenue Service requires Form 1099MISC to be issued and filed for any recipient who receives a prize if the annual aggregate value of the prize received is $600 or more. Sponsor will issue a Form 1099MISC to Grand Prize Winner for the total fair market value of prize received. Four (4) First Prizes: Each First Prize will consist of $100 in online store credit from http://www.blucigs.com/store. Total ARV of First Prizes: $400. First Prize Winners are responsible for additional purchases in excess of the $100 online store credit. First Prizes are nontransferable and no cash or other substitutions will be allowed. In the event a prize, or a portion of a prize, is unavailable, for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to make a substitution of equal or greater value.
6. General Conditions: Sponsor may discontinue this Giveaway at any time and substitute another promotion in its place. If Sponsor or any of its Released Parties are prevented from continuing with this Giveaway by any event not reasonably within Sponsor’s or Released Parties’ control, or become aware of any occurrence that would materially affect the Giveaway’s integrity, security, feasibility or fairness, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Giveaway without notice or further obligation, including the award or delivery of any prize. Sponsor may prohibit individuals from participating in this Giveaway and disqualify entries if they (1) attempt to enter the Giveaway through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, (2) attempt to disrupt the Giveaway or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules in any way or (3) repeatedly show a disregard for the Official Rules or act (a) in an unsportsmanlike manner or (b) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Eligible Participant or Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the Giveaway are final. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. In the event more prize winner notifications are issued, or more winning claims are received, than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules due to computer, printing, seeding, human or other error or problem, a random drawing will take place from among all eligible Prize claims for the prize(s) at issue to award the proper number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor and Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines; failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Giveaway; computer online systems, servers or providers; computer equipment; software; failure of any email or entry to be received due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion; unavailable network connections on the Internet; or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to a participant’s or any other person’s computer, smartphone, iPad, tablet, SMS or other wireless mobile device relating to or resulting from participating in this Giveaway or downloading any materials in this Giveaway. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use Prize Winners’ names, likenesses, photographs, opinions, and hometown and state for publicity purposes without further compensation, permission or notification (except where prohibited by law). By accepting a prize, Prize Winner agrees that the Released Parties have no liability and will be released and held harmless by Prize Winner for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, caused in whole or part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize, participation in this Giveaway, or traveling to or from any prize-related activity. Prize Winners will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release (where legal) and submit a valid Government-Issued photo identification document within three (3) business days after prize notification. Noncompliance may result in disqualification, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate Prize Winner.
7. Use of Information: The information provided by Eligible Participants in connection with this Giveaway may be used for Sponsor’s internal purposes and to send information about Sponsor’s products and special promotions, but will not be provided to third parties, except as necessary for the administration of the Giveaway or as required by law or legal process.
8. Winners’ List: To obtain a Winners List, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by November 25, 2013 to: Freedom Project Ticket Giveaway Winners List, One Pinebrook Plaza 9101 Southern Pine Blvd. Suite 250, Charlotte, NC 28273.
9. Dispute Resolution; Choice of Law: The decisions of the Sponsor are final on all matters relating to the Giveaway including, without limitation, the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Giveaway, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of North Carolina, and any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ fees, provided, however, the non-prevailing party shall be liable to the prevailing party for the reasonable attorney fees and other out-of-pocket expenses actually incurred by the prevailing party with respect to such proceeding. Under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the printing, construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and the Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
10. SPONSOR: LOEC, Inc., dba blu eCigs, One Pinebrook Plaza, 9101 Southern Pine Blvd, Suite 250, Charlotte, NC 28273.
©2013 LOEC, Inc.
Live Nation Worldwide, Inc. is not a sponsor of the Sweepstakes, and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes, the verification of winners or the fulfillment of prizing. All inquiries regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor and not to Live Nation Worldwide, Inc.